What could be better than checking your email on a Monday morning and finding that your inbox is flooded with ‘qualified leads’. Certainly, that sounds like a perfect day in the business.
The good news is your business can also enjoy a steady stream of leads consistently but for this, you need to keep pace with the changing demands and needs of the online marketing.
Here are 5 ultimate lead generation hacks that can grow your business in abundance
1. Personalized Marketing Campaigns – As per a recent report by Econsultancy, over 52% of digital marketers stated that personalized content is fundamental to your online strategy. In an age of information overload, personalized campaigns are the best way to reach your target audience. Personalized marketing campaigns are all about connecting with your customers as an individual and showing them what your business has to offer.
From emails to content, to ads and offers everything needs to be in sync with the interests of your customers. With personalized campaigns, you can connect with your audience on a deeper level from initial engagement to conversions. When people get personalized experience, they feel special and are more likely to return.
2. Optimized Lead Generation Form-Your lead form is the first gateway that your customers get through, and to turn them into conversions, you need a well-optimized lead form in place. Your lead forms play an important role in making or breaking your conversion efforts. Lead form optimization has helped so many companies drive revenue.
For example, Expedia gained $12 million profit just by removing one field from their form. When they realized, the field ‘company name’ was causing confusion among customers, they deleted the field, and they experienced an instant increase in the revenue.
Here are some quick tips to optimize your lead generation form:
- Let your Lead Generation Form be Short- Are there too many fields in your form?Let’s agree, no one like filling long forms with so many questions. If your form is too long and lengthy, half of the people may leave in between. Make sure your forms are short and simple to fill. So, keep the fields limited.
- Form Placement-The other thing to consider about your lead generation form is where it is placed such as above the fold or below the fold? Let’s dive deep in this point.
- Above the fold- Let your form be above the fold on your landing page. In Above the fold form, a visitor does not need to scroll down on the page to see the form or grab the offer if any. It has been observed, lead generation forms above the fold are more compelling and give better conversion rates. Forms are more visible & direct in this option.
- For instance- Tom’s Planner ( a web-based project planning software) experimented by placing their sign up form above the fold on their homepage. By placing it above the fold, the company improved conversion rate by 43.85%.
- Below the fold- Though, keeping the form above the fold is considered the most ideal option but there are many businesses’ who have experienced better results by placing the form below the fold as well.
- For instance-Florida Tix (an online ticket specialist company for Florida attractions) witnessed an increase in form submission by 20% when they placed their lead form below the fold. Placement of form is important but as long as you have unique content on your site it will keep the users engaged.
- Make your CTA button say other than submit- Your CTA button is of great importance, it is your final opportunity to turn your leads into conversions. If you keep your CTA button as ‘submit’ only then it is a missed opportunity. The other option is customizing it based on what you are offering your visitor.
Take your pick: Save your seat, Claim your coupon, Download an ebook, Sign up for a free trial.
Besides implementing the above-mentioned points, you can conduct conversion research, run the tests to identify any points of friction in your lead capture form.
3. Setting up a Referral Program-Referrals are a powerful way to generate leads for your business. Recommendations are considered one of the most trusted way, this is the reason 92% of consumers go with the recommendations they receive from their network. So, setting up a referral program makes a good option.
Further, as per Deloitte, 1 out of 3 people visit a site or come to a brand through a recommendation. In addition, it has been observed customers who get referred by loyal customers have 37% higher retention rate.
- Do your clients love your services?
- How likely your clients are going to recommend your company within their network?
Believing that you have a great product and your customers will start recommending your company on their own is far from reality. Your customers need an extra push for recommending your company.
To encourage your customers for recommendations, you can give rewards to your customers. When clients get rewards for recommending then both the parties stand to benefit from it. You can give your loyal customers rewards in the form of discount coupons, some free giveaways, or special services. Many companies have adopted this marketing strategy and have benefited a lot.
For Example- Prize Candle is a good example of this. The company encouraged its users to share their product by giving them an exciting option of earning $10. Further, to increase user participation, they have placed the referral program link at a prominent position right at the top left of their header and it appears on every page of the website. The company witnessed an increased customer base after implementing this referral program.
Thus, referral programs can work wonders for you and help you in increasing your conversion rates. All you have to do is come up with engaging methods.
4. Using Marketing Automation for Lead Nurturing- Well gone are the days of email blasts when a standard email was sent to entire database of your leads. Now marketers need to build personalized email campaigns targeting on a customer’s purchase journey. Targeted email campaigns are a smart technique of lead nurturing.
Here, marketing automation software plays an important role, as it allows marketers to engage with their customers using email marketing sequences. Sequences are series of emails that engage with customers depending upon the various stages of their buying cycle. Further, these emails are sent to an individual/prospective buyer in response to an action triggered or a combination of actions.
For instance– If someone has just signed up for your newsletter or to a marketing section of a blog, then checked a particular product on your site gets an email talking about the benefits of that product. It can be an email about how the product is differentiated. This is called smart lead nurturing and helps you in increasing your lead conversion rate.
5. Evaluate content via A/B Testing- You can evaluate effectiveness of content on your website after conducting A/B testing.
Did you know?
- A/B testing is the most used method for increasing conversions.
- Over 44% of business use A/B testing resources.
Via data-driven A/B testing you can optimize content on your website to generate more leads and conversions. You can test CTAs, marketing copy, company logo design, headlines on your product pages, landing pages, sign up forms, and even blogs. Even a little tweak in the headline or by changing the shape of the sign-up form or as minor as changing the color of CTA button can increase the leads coming to your business. With A/B testing you can do methodical changes in your content to make it more effective.
For instance- California Closets witnessed a skyrocketing increase in the downloads of their trial signup after conducting the A/B test.
Surprisingly, no changes were made in the ebook content rather they tweaked the title a bit in ‘Version B’ and saw an 115% jump in the no. of leads. Even a minor change can bring significant results.
Take the Lead- Implement the above-listed hacks to ensure your business enjoys a steady lead flow. And conduct conversion research from time to time to eliminate points of friction. These tried hacks will surely help you have a huge leg up against the competition. Good luck!
Fail Safe Digital Marketing To Generate Leads
Are you achieving your digital marketing goals? If you are, well done but a word of warning – keep going. Success can be our enemy, insofar as it’s easy to fall into the trap of believing you’ve done enough.
With achievement, comes a boost in confidence which is welcomed however it can also let complacency in.
How often have you celebrated a job well-done only to experience a drop in results just a few weeks on?
As marketers, we have all been there, so rather than seeking out someone else to blame, we need to look at what we’re doing and change it.
Dropping the ball on the marketing activity, i.e. doing less of it or eliminately some strategies altogether, is a disaster waiting to happen. Before long, the business leads, in the pipeline, dry up and you’re left wondering why and how did it all go wrong so quickly?
Here are a couple fail safe marketing strategies that are the ‘must-dos’ to keep the business leads flowing.
‘Content is king’ for SEO, generating leads, and fostering advocacy for your business and brand.
Unique relevant articles that show your expertise and inspire readers to share with their followers in social media, should be your top marketing strategy. Read this article to get more insight: Content marketing must-dos in 2019.
There are many third party niche blogs that publish unique content from contributors. In the content is a backlink to a relevant page on a similar topic on the contributor’s site. It’s easy to see how this works for you – the contributor. Your site gets more traffic via the backlink. Commit to this ‘must-do’ strategy. Outreach agencies understand this strategy really well and as Wendy Piersall says:
Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.
Content marketing steps
- Write unique content for your blog every week or more regularly.
- Share your content with your profiles on social media
- Write or engage a copywriter to write high quality articles for third party publishing blogs
- Make sure the 3rd party blog shares the article with their social followers
Take steps 1 – 4 and repeat year in, year out. There is never a time for letting up on content generation and sharing.
How many email newsletters have you sent to your email list so far this year? Many marketers and small business owners start out strong with the best intentions.
However the monthly newsletter turns into quarterly or maybe just one or two a year. This is okay if your business is doing another type of email marketing. Notifying your email subscribers of company updates, or new product or service releases is email marketing too.
There is no one size fits all so your business really has full scope to design an email marketing plan that works for all parties.
Back to the newsletter. If you’re struggling to know what to put in your newsletters, and that’s why you started out strong and then they dried up here is a tip.
The foundation of your newsletters can be your blog content. It is the perfect fit. So here is what you do to design your newsletters. In your email newsletter template:
- Add in the personalised salutation e.g. Hello (first name)
- Introduction – complete this section last, i.e. after you have all your content selected and in the template.
- Select blog posts that are on your blog.
- For each blog post; in your email template, add an image (one that is good for social sharing), title and a couple of unique sentences and a link to read more so your email subscribers can click to read the article in full on your website.
- Add in other information that your email subscribers will enjoy. It can be snippets of what you have found online. Be sure to also add in the links so your readers can visit those sites too.
- Now you’re ready to complete the introduction. Make it a quick summary of what’s in the newsletter.
It’s really that easy and with these two marketing initiatives you have the foundation from which to add more specific marketing like: Social Media advertising, and also offline marketing initiatives too.
Eric Dalius On the Best Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses
With a society highly saturated in marketing content and audiences with decreasing attention spans, it is becoming increasingly difficult for businesses to stand out from the crowd, especially when these businesses do not have the resources to compete with Fortune 500 empires.
For smaller businesses who do not have endless marketing resources, every dollar counts and needs to provide maximum ROI. Marketing professional and entrepreneur Eric Dalius shares his insight on the best marketing strategies small businesses can use to maximize their investment.
The Importance of Content Marketing
Content marketing is a form of inbound marketing, in which your business brings customers directly to you instead of reaching out via ads and cold outreach.
It consists of creating high-quality content that serves the following purposes:
- Gain the trust of your prospects
- Display your knowledge in your industry
- Improve your search engine optimization by making your website a useful, educational online destination
What is considered high-quality content? Dalius suggests following these guidelines for any content your business outputs:
- Unique and from your business’ unique point of view
- In-depth, educational, and actionable
- Solves a pain point for your prospects
- Optimized for the web (well-formatted
What types of content gets the most attention?
- Blog posts
- Video tutorials
- Live videos on social media
- Case studies
- White papers
Have a Powerful Social Media Presence
Social media platforms are still growing every month. Facebook alone has approximately one billion active users – Instagram has over 100 million monthly users. It is the perfect tool to reach a larger audience and use both organic and paid content to gain more customers.
However, do not make the mistake of spreading yourself too thin. With limited resources, Eric Dalius states that small businesses are better off concentrating on just a few social media platforms.
The key is in choosing the right platform for your target audience and the type of product or service your business provides.
For instance, many Pinterest users go to this platform when making a purchasing decision – this network tends to be popular for households with over 100k of yearly revenue. On the other hand, Instagram is the go-to platform for millennials and younger individuals.
Social Media Tips
- Optimize your profile to get your branding on point
- Post on a regular, consistent schedule so people expect your posts
- Encourage engagement from your audience by having a call to action with every post
Use Effective Paid Content Strategies
Online advertising through Google, Facebook, and Instagram can be very effective to grow brand awareness and generate more leads, but this strategy can be a hit and miss.
Instead of setting up a promotional campaign and forgetting about it, Eric Dalius instead advises you to target your ads to a very specific group of people. This way, every single dollar you are paying towards this ad is getting used adequately to promote brand awareness to an audience that has potential interest in your business.
Additionally, you’ll want to retarget your ads. What does this mean? If a prospect visits your website, do not show them the same ads as someone who knows nothing about your business. Furthermore, if a customer clicks away before making a purchase on your online website, use this data to retarget the appropriate ad to them.
Wrapping it Up
By having a strong online presence that essentially provides value to your audience, you will gain the respect and loyalty of your prospects. In time, Eric Dalius states that these loyal prospects will provide you the best return on investment for your small business.
How to use interactive marketing to win business
Digital marketing is always evolving and as a marketer your role for your clients is to use a mix of proven and innovative strategies. Clients insist on a more targeted approach. Long gone are the days of a splatter gun approach where throwing whatever you have at the wall, will work when just some of it sticks.
Users demand more than just the generic email or banner. Marketing campaigns, like email marketing, and remarketing now need to be highly targeted to the enduser. Your clients need customer data to achieve a more personalised interaction so Interactive Content Marketing has key role to play.
Interactive Content Marketing Explained
ICM or Interactive Content Marketing improves engagement and keeps users involved for longer. When they remain active and enjoy the interaction through fun, knowledge sharing or education studies show more repeat business and new customers are created through the fostering of stronger long term relationships.
Brand loyalty, and advocacy are also positive outcomes from an interactive content marketing strategy.
Types of Interactive Content
There are many types of ICM including video with quizzes. Video is a huge step up from articles but they work exceptionally well within content.
Educational or explainer videos are engaging and keep the user online for longer. Now add a quiz during or at the end of the video and you have an interactive marketing campaign.
Contests, games are also types of ICM that are ‘sticky’, enticing the user to have fun, participate and also provide their customer data that can be used in the usual digital marketing strategies like email marketing and Remarketing.
There’s no doubting the innovativeness of ICM and how needs to be utilised by the marketer to get a better outcome for clients.
Customer data is gold and it can be used in a myriad of marketing campaigns now and later on. There’s no telling what strategies will be available in the future using smartphone apps and automated marketing software. What we do know is customer data will be a prerequisite and ICM is a workable way to acquire it from online visitors.
- Management2 years ago
20 Of The Worst Business Decisions Ever Made
- Finance2 years ago
What are the Advantages And Disadvantages of Business Loans?
- Mindset5 months ago
5 Positive Impacts of Green Businesses On Employees’ Wellbeing and Performance
- Finance1 year ago
M&A How Industry Leaders Structure Their Deals – Fee Guide 2017
- Marketing12 months ago
Creating Brand Identity for Small Business [Infographic]
- Marketing2 years ago
What You Can Learn From Amazon’s Marketing Strategy
- Finance1 year ago
Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies What’s All the Fuss About
- IT Security2 years ago
Do I Need To Be PCI Compliant?